Closing the Loop is one of the most successful Dutch social enterprises and a pioneer on circularity for phones. We offer B2B customers an easy way to make their mobile phones material neutral and waste-free through our One for One solution. Our clients are mostly large European organisations - private and public - to whom our services add commercial, circular and social value. Examples of clients are KPMG, Rabobank, T-Mobile, and the municipality of Amsterdam.
Since 2014 we've collected more than 2M phones in 10 African countries. Along the way, we’ve also attracted valuable (media)attention for our work. We were part of the VPRO documentary Tegenlicht, have been awarded ‘Radical innovator’ the same year, labeled ‘most impactful social enterprise’ in 2017, and in 2018 we won the ‘Circular Award’.
We are growing rapidly. Recently we started a partnership with Samsung and T-Mobile to realise our mission: a waste-free telecom sector. But we want and need more to reach this, and therefore we need you!
What will you do?
As a Business Development Intern, you support the Sales team in doing market research. You will explore the market, watch relevant trends and prepare meetings with (international) clients. You will reach out to companies yourself, get ownership for your projects and participate in local and global business decisions.
- University or college student with a business, economics and/or marketing focus
- Proactive attitude, pioneering mindset and result driven
- Some experience in a role that requires project management, business analytics or strategic thought;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch;
- Knowledge in the field of electronics, telecom, circular economy is an advantage
- A young and enthusiastic team;
- The coolest and award-winning social enterprise in the Netherlands;
- An internship with impact for 3-5 days a week, for 6 months, beginning October 2019;
- A beautiful Amsterdam based office;
- An inspiring environment, with of course an internship allowance and good guidance.
Apply and information
Send your CV and application letter to Annick Mantoua (COO) via annick.mantoua [at] closingtheloop.eu
You can also contact her for questions.