Waste Compensation makes the new device you buy (or lease) waste-neutral. To 'compensate' your new device, the same amount of electronic waste is collected and recycled. The service does not require you to change your supplier, nor do you need to alter your procurement process. The service fee is often less than 1% of the device's price. The service also leads to positive impact, as the collected waste is from countries that lack waste recycling infrastructure.
Why do others do this?
Compensating your IT waste has many (commercial) benefits for your organisation. To see a selection of these, see the benefits page.
It works like this:
- You buy electronics as you do today. No need to change your current purchasing, products, or vendors;
- CTL charges you a small fee of a few euros per phone, tablet, or laptop;
- CTL uses that fee to collect end-of-life electronics in African countries;
- We ensure the waste is properly recycled locally or we ship it to certified recycling facilities;
- The reusable materials are not lost and circulated back into manufacturing;
- Recycling this waste 'compensates' your new device. It makes your electronics waste-neutral;
- We report on the positive impact we created for you.
Are you looking for a way to dispose of your IT in a sustainable way? We can also help with that!
Do you have a question? Maybe our FAQ has the answer.
See some examples of organizations that use our services. And their reasons for doing so.