When you dispose of, or sell, a used device, you pay a small waste-compensation fee to CTL. CTL uses the fee to collect and recycle an equivalent amount of electronic waste. That waste is from countries that lack waste recycling infrastructure. The recycling of this waste compensates your disposal. It makes your reuse process waste neutral.
It works like this:
- You dispose electronics as you do today. No need to change your current processes, products, or partners;
- CTL charges you a small fee of a few euros per phone, tablet, or laptop;
- CTL uses that fee to collect end-of-life electronics in African countries;
- We ensure the waste is properly recycled locally or we ship it to certified recycling facilities;
- The reusable materials are not lost and circulated back into manufacturing;
- Recycling this waste 'compensates' your disposed device. It makes your process waste-neutral;
- We report on the positive impact we created for you.
Are you looking for sustainable purchasing of new IT? We do that too!
Do you have a question? Maybe our FAQ has the answer.
See some examples of organizations that use our services. And their reasons for doing so.